Removing channels I dont have from MythTV

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Jan 10 13:00:03 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 12:42 -0700, Chris Carey wrote:
> I'm wondering what is the best way to remove channels from my MythTV
> lineup. I've got just Basic Cable, but the DataDirect (zap2it) lineups
> give me channels 2 through 99. I'd like to remove those channels I
> dont have so that they will not show up in the Program Guide, or
> MythWeb. Also it should skip those channels when I press chan up/down.

That's all configurable under the zap2it service.  Add and remove
channels from your data feed at your will using their web interface.

If you do this from the start, MythTV will follow the lineup.  If you do
it later, I think you have to tell MythTV about the change and have it
update according to the new service.  After that,  the channels are gone
from the guide and the chan up/down.

Gabe