Apple Computers, Inc. is no more!

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Tue Jan 9 15:36:40 MST 2007

On 1/9/07, Roberto Mello <rmello at fslc.usu.edu> wrote:
> I use gtkpod. Works well for me.

Yes, but see my comments about the Xbox - I still need something that
will sync with the Xbox that settles as my central music repository.
I could probably set up some sort of round-about way to get these from
my Linux machine to the Windows machine, or perhaps set up a mount
somewhere that the Xbox can see, but why the complexity?

> Why? iTunes and the iPod will handle non-DRM'd MP3 and AAC/MP4 files just
> fine.

Yes, but how do you get the non-DRM'd MP3s and AAC/MP4s?  You have to
get them from some other application (at least if you're to get them
illegally), which just adds more complexity to it.  iTunes is the only
app that will sync with your iPod unfortunately, so it forces you into
iTunes for minimal complexity.

--

#!/usr/bin/perl
#y,d,s,(\$.),$1,gee,print