Apple Computers, Inc. is no more!

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Tue Jan 9 15:05:59 MST 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Jesse Stay wrote:

> On 1/9/07, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
>> I am just glad I held off getting a new iPod, Phone, and PDA.
>> Unfortunately, I have to wait until June for them to start the release of
>> the phones.  For now I can only drool.
>
> Nah - I'm holding out until they either a) release a 40Gb version like
> my ipod, b) release a DRM-free version or version that is compatible
> with my Xbox, or c) the Zune comes out with a phone version with above
> features.  Don't get me wrong - the UI is friggin' sweet, but it still
> doesn't hold all my songs!  I also really need something that I can
> stream to my Xbox rather than having to run Fairplay on everything
> beforehand.  Microsoft still keeps trying to drag me in - darn them!
> I hate DRM!

The fact that it would take you 3-4 days straight 24/7 of listening to
music to even get through 4gb of your music probably does not matter to
you then.  =)

I also would love to have the device hold all my music, just so that I
would not need to mess around with it and could keep it all in one place.
However, you can make any kind of playlist you want in iTunes and just
sync it to your phone, wirelessly even, so cool.

Charge up your phone, refresh you iPhone playlist automatically with
podcasts, random selections from you library etc.  So nice.

I have been dreaming of a 100gb iPod, but realistically, 4gb is usually
more than enough for me.  The fact that my brain keeps telling me that
bigger is better clashes with the reality that at any given time I will
never use up more than 4gb of space unless I am climbing K2.

Jonathan