Apple Computers, Inc. is no more!

Louis Zirkel lzirkel at cendev.com
Tue Jan 9 14:44:33 MST 2007

Jesse Stay wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:

> Nah - I'm holding out until they either a) release a 40Gb version like
> my ipod, b) release a DRM-free version or version that is compatible
> with my Xbox, or c) the Zune comes out with a phone version with above
> features.  Don't get me wrong - the UI is friggin' sweet, but it still
> doesn't hold all my songs!  I also really need something that I can
> stream to my Xbox rather than having to run Fairplay on everything
> beforehand.  Microsoft still keeps trying to drag me in - darn them!
> I hate DRM!

How does the Zune do DRM any better then?  Maybe I missed something but
my understanding was that in many ways the Zune DRM was even *more*
restrictive than fairplay.  I've not looked at it that closely so I may
have misunderstood or been misinformed.  And my 40GB iPod still doesn't
hold all of my music.

Louis Zirkel / lzirkel at cendev.com
Systems Engineer