Sun Java on Linux Setup for Stud Muffins

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:56:09 MST 2007

On 1/8/07, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> I don't follow Java that closely, but shouldn't that pain go away in a
> few months when the code gets under the GPL and distros start picking it
> up?
>
> Just wondering.

I hope so.  Right now the java distro license exists, so distros can
distribute sun java without legal concern.  Most distros do have a sun
java in their non-standard repos (nonfree for debian and jpackage for
redhat/fedora).  My beef is that they lag behind the latest version.
Java 6 is worth the trouble.

-Bryan