CMake

Brian Hawkins brianhks at activeclickweb.com
Mon Jan 8 10:58:18 MST 2007

Take a look at CPMake.  (www.cpmake.org)  I wrote it to do exactly what
you are asking for.  The site is a bit old.  I've added a slick way to
abstract the compilers for each platform you compile on that is not in
the documentation.

A quick overview:  CPMake is written in java and runs on JRE 1.4 or
later.  Java creates a great abstraction that makes compiling, copying
files and running unit tests a snap.  I've written build scripts for
Java, C#, C++ and just about anything else that has dependencies for
Linux, Mac, Windows.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to help.  Just email me off the list.

Brian