Qworst DSL Modem

Joe Crown joecr at linuxmail.org
Tue Jan 2 20:01:41 MST 2007

The DSL Modem/router has a pool of 2 IP addresses.  It is a 192.168.*.*
address range.  The stupid piece of crap has been super-netted to use
255.255.255.252 for the subnet mask IIRC.

I remember my neighbor has one.  He found a firmware update to make it
configurable.  You just need to find that firmware & a jumper then you
can flash the worthless firmware they ship with it.  Don't ask me where
to get it because I don't have a copy, & my neighbor moved so I don't
know if I could find it again.  I think he found the upgraded firmware
using google.

--

American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
laws going through Congress right now.
http://www.eff.org/corrupt

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec