Qworst DSL Modem

Jordan S. Jones jordan at racistnames.com
Tue Jan 2 11:30:05 MST 2007

I know this subject has been discussed a number of times, but either my
searching skills suck or what I am looking for hasn't been asked before.
My parents have the Arescom NetDSL800 with the MSN/Qwest DSL. This
christmas I bought them a Tivo and was looking to attach it to their
home network. This is great until I discovered that their DSL modem
doesn't allow more than 1 computer to be attached at 1 time. Meaning,
their DHCP pool has exactly the range of 192.168.1.2/32. So, I am
looking for the following solutions.

Short Term: A Utah county company that sells DSL filters so that their
new Tivo can communicate over the phone line.

Long Term: A new DSL modem that will allow for more computers, or any
alternate solution with the same result.

Thanks,
Jordan S. Jones