[MOLCOT] - cutting an altoids tin

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:49:12 MST 2007

More Or Less Completely Off Topic

I have an ipod.  I also have an Altoids tin.  The ipod fits very
nicely inside of the tin.  I would like to take advantage of this by
having holes cut in just the right places on the tin so that I can
secure the ipod within the tin (in some currently undetermined
fashion) and be able to push the buttons while concealing the true
nature of the mp3 player within.  (Suffice it to say that I have been
an anti-Apple-fanboy for so long that if my friends were to see me
with an ipod, the ridicule would never end.)  What would be ideal is
if I had little rubber buttons in place of the four (menu, left,
right, pause/play) that pushed the ipod buttons underneath them, and a
hole for the LCD screen to show through.

Does anyone know what tools I'd need to do this, if there's a place
that sells supplies for something like this, or... well, anything
really?  I've never done any hardware stuff before.

Thanks,
Dan