[OT] Buffet & Gates go back to school

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Wed Feb 28 12:44:46 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:56 -0700, Jacob Fugal wrote:

> For those of us that *didn't* watch it -- what was the question and
> what was his answer?

The first student asked how they instill ethics in their organization.
Warren Buffet gave a very articulate and believable answer.  Bill Gates
basically said that, there are a few things like international law and
"products with a high market share" where they have to be careful, but
Microsoft just produces great software.  He stopped short of saying
there are no ethics involved, but it was VERY obvious (especially
compared to Warren Buffet's answer) that it wasn't something he really
thinks about or is concerned about.

I've watched most of the show, and the first question was the most
interesting to me.  I was just curious if other people got the same
impression as I did.

Barry Roberts