[OT] television splitter, SAT vs. U/V ANT?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 00:21:34 MST 2007

Oh I just remembered where I've seen one of those before (I have one
on the side of my house).

I think that "splitter" is actually a combiner.
There is a small amount of voltage IIRC passing between your satellite
reciever box and the LNBF in your collector dish, I believe there is
also some fancy regulating circut in there.

I think the other side is filtered to prevent transient current from
distrupting your UHF/VHF pleasure.

Anyways save yourself the hassle, go to radioshack or wally world and
pick up a real coax splitter, last one I picked up cost me less than
$2.