[OT] television splitter, SAT vs. U/V ANT?

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Tue Feb 27 21:49:00 MST 2007

I have the following connector:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Ripley/Picture3_001.gif

My UHF antenna is connected where it is labeled U/V ANT. My HD tuner
is connected where it is labeled IN/OUT. I have nothing connected
where it is labeled SAT and have no other ins our outs.

I want to connected a second tuners though and thus need a splitter.
Wondering if I could simply flip the unit around and have the antenna
connect where it is labeled IN/OUT and then use the U/V ANT and SAT
connections for my two tuners. This does not work completely however.
The tuner connected to U/V ANT worked (and thus answering the
question that direction is irrelevant through the connector) but the
tuner connected to SAT did not.

I am not terribly surprised as the connector is most likely labeled
for a reason. I am curious however what this reason is. Does anyone
know what DCPASS means? What is the difference between a UHF signal
and one that comes from a Satellite broadcast?

wade