Looking for talented individual to fill Sr. Linux Systems Admin position at In2M in Draper, UT
jason.law at in2m.com
Mon Feb 26 23:13:47 MST 2007
Senior Systems Administrator
About In2M Corporation: In2M is a leading Internet and mobile
software services company specializing in the development and delivery
of financial productivity applications for personal and business use.
In July 2006, PC World placed Mvelopes 3.0, the company's flagship
product, in their top 100 best products of 2006 list. It was also
ranked as the World Class Award winner in its category. In 2007, the
company is expanding its product lines with the introduction of a
business version of its flagship product, expanding mobile access
capability with the introduction of XHTML/WAP 2.0 clients for both
personal and business product lines, and expanding globally with
launches in Australia and the United Kingdom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Part of a small team of talented Systems Administrators
responsible for a large complex infrastructure environment,
including network infrastructure, web servers, application
servers, and database servers.
2. Design, plan, and implement complex information and infrastructure
systems to support business strategies. Upcoming projects include
clustering, virtualization, high-availability, centralized
storage, data warehousing environment, application integration,
and application server and database hardening.
3. Establish and recommend process, policies, and standards on system
use and services.
4. Provide technical leadership in areas of expertise and/or
supervises/mentors more junior team members in terms of best
practices and In2M processes.
5. Automate monitoring or periodic preventative maintenance
6. Evaluate and recommend purchases of solutions and provide purchase
7. May participate in on-call duties on a rotational basis.
8. Performs database administration functions on Oracle and
PostgreSQL DBMS's, including general maintenance, performance
tuning, availability, backup & recovery, and data warehousing
9. Creates and approves infrastructure documentation used in all
aspects of IT Infrastructure Operations, including systems
configuration, troubleshooting steps, how-to documentation, etc.
10. Assesses security of existing and proposed systems. Recommends
and implements proactive plans to resolve vulnerabilities.
11. Learns and understands business processes and production
applications to a level sufficient to troubleshoot issues and
recommend and/or implement short and long-term resolutions.
12. Works with and leverages offshore team to drive maintenance
activities and deliver infrastructure projects.
13. Proactively create plans of attack for projects and major tasks.
Assist with the preparation of project plans. Follow a structured
project delivery framework, while balancing the needs of the
1. Technically proficient in command-line Linux administration,
performance optimization, auditing, virtualization, shell
scripting, and troubleshooting.
2. Able to manage time effectively, and manage multiple projects with
varying levels of complexity, resources, deadlines, and
cross-functional dependencies. Able to objectively prioritize
work based on cost, benefit, risk, and organization expectations.
3. Able to resourcefully apply systems thinking to generate
solutions; obtain multiple assessments of a situation and be
systematic in troubleshooting; use tools to define problems,
evaluate alternative solutions.
4. Able to perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly
as demands change; adapt to varying customer needs.
5. Able to deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays
or unexpected events.
6. Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new
7. Able to think conceptually, suggesting and following strategic
8. Able to complete tasks within a constrained schedule and budget
and ensure functional goals are met.
9. Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; juggle multiple
initiatives; determine requirement urgency; use goals to guide
actions and create detailed action plans.
10. Able to clearly present information through spoken and written
words; read and interpret complex information; talk with
customers; listen well.
11. Able to develop rapport with others, both in the business
function, and in technical roles, and understand others'
12. Stays up to date with new technologies, platforms, architectures,
and concepts. Able to recommend change when technologies or
architectures are right for the organization.
13. Able to effectively manage projects and personnel. In2M is a
quickly growing provider of on-line cash flow management tools;
career growth opportunities will present themselves as the team
continues to grow to meet the demands of the market and business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
* 6-8 years systems administration experience
* 2-3 years database administration experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Experienced in open source technologies: Linux (Debian, SUSE),
Postgres, OFBiz, Apache, Tomcat, and others
* Database Administration experience (Oracle, Postgres,
* Experience administering network infrastructure (firewalls, load
balancers, switches, VPN's)
* Experience assessing and resolving Security vulnerabilities
* Experience in a rapid, iterative development environment
* Experience working with an offshore team desired
* Experience with change/configuration management working in
controlled production environments
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
In2M offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which
includes Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance Plan options, Flexible
Spending Accounts, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Stock
Option Program, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off, and Tuition
How to Apply: (Position location is HQ: Draper, UT)
Send resume and compensation history (Reference code IT-SSA) - to
hr at in2m.com . Please, no phone calls or faxes. Background check is
1. mailto:hr at in2m.com?subject=Senior%20Systems%20Administrator
2. mailto:hr at in2m.com
More information about the PLUG