g4u g4l comparison

Brian Hawkins brianhks at activeclickweb.com
Mon Feb 26 14:50:46 MST 2007

The download is bootable ISO that you can burn.  I think it boots up a
stripped down version of debian.  Anyway it presents a unix friendly
prompt that you can type help on.  The cool part is that imaging can be
done to a network server.  I think there are several options but I used
an ftp server.  It just grabs partitions off the disks and sends them to
a file on the ftp server.  It is also OS agnostic so you can image just
about any drive.  It will also gzip the file as it goes for saving space.

The only real issue with it is that it may not recognize your hardware.
I had one machine that had onboard nic's that it didn't recognize so I
had to install a 3com I had laying around in order to pull off the image.

Good software.

Brian