Home Automation

Dallin Jones squitoey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:03:30 MST 2007

I am working on a home theater in my brother-in-laws house. We ran
composite, HDMI, and a blue rough in conduit, to where his projector
is. The HDMI cable does 1080p with no degradation as far as I can
tell. The blue conduit is fairly cheap, but can be a pain if you are
running a lot, especially with wood framing.

> I have read in several places recently that there is no difference
> between expensive HDMI cabels and the cheaper kinds.  Most things I
> have read state that since the signal is digital and won't degrade,
> either the cable works or it is broken.  It won't matter if you by
> $100 Monster cables or $20 cables from monoprice.

Where the heck did you find a 30ft HDMI cable for $20. I have a
wholesale account and it cost me $89 the cheapest retail that we could
find was about $200. Suffice to say, some cables there are differences
with the expensive ones, and some have no difference, so make sure
that you are watching what cables you are using.