[OT] Radioactivity

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Feb 22 17:58:00 MST 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 12:28:37PM -0700, Daniel C. wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:

> Patrick Moore (the founding member of Greenpeace, not the
> xylophone-playing astronomist) has a lot to say on the issue of
> environmentalist insanity:

"astronomist"???

Anyway, you might also add almost anything by Bjorn Lomborg to the
list. See, e.g. my review of his "The Skeptical Environmentalist:
Measuring the Real State of the
World". http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/curley2.html

> "By the mid-1980s, the environmental movement had abandoned science
> and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism." [1]
>
> His web site, if anyone is interested, is greenspirit.com.  There's
> also a good Wikipedia article on him:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_(environmentalist)

I believe Moore published Lomborg's response to Scientific [sic]
American when SA savaged Lomborg and refused to publish his response.

In any case, both Moore and Lomborg have "seen the elephant".