Charles Curley charlescurley at
Wed Feb 21 18:35:52 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 06:07:46PM -0700, Daniel C. wrote:
> On 2/21/07, Charles Curley <charlescurley at> wrote:
> >Dude, you're radioactive.
> Actually, everyone is, especially if you eat bananas.  The potassium
> in bananas, and other minerals in other fruits, is very slightly
> radioactive.

Yep, known that for years, except the bit about bananas. That's
exactly what I meant. I wondered if anyone else would figure it out;

That's how carbon 14 dating works (and no, that isn't an introductory
service for archaeologists).

Many years ago, when Dr.Petr Beckmann started Access to Energy
(, he had a feisty editorial policy. He
once ran an advert with the headline "Ralph Nader is Radioactive",
which is, of course, literally true.