Jobs: Openings at Omniture

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Feb 21 12:11:05 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 11:51 -0700, Steve wrote:
> Actually I don't at all think it's idiotic.
> SCO has become a pariah, because of Daryl, Blake  and etc.
>
> The general view of SCO from the outside looking in, is to not touch
> it or anything associated with it, with a 10ft pole.

I get the impression that this view seems to mainly be held by pluggers
and slashdotters, and not the real world.  Just because we hold an
opinion doesn't mean the rest of the industry does.

Now I don't work in the real world--BYU's IT people live in their own
little world--but no one I talk to professionally has ever expressed
this view.  Many companies are still happily using SCO Unixware,
although most are trying to migrate away from the OS simply because it
is apparent that the product's life is coming to an end, plus there are
better alternatives.  But I haven't heard of anyone being disadvantaged
for once having worked for SCO or having talked once with Darl on the
street (according to google, Darl has his own personal website...
interesting).

Michael