sparc livecd

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:14:20 MST 2007

On 2/20/07, Stephen Ward <sjward at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've found a README.sparcboot file [2] that indicates I need to grab some
> partition files off an existing Solaris CD.  I've done that with a Solaris 7
> Server CD and ran mkisofs just as it appears in the README, but I got a
> strange error when trying to boot from that CD.  Unfortunately, the error
> message escapes me right now, though it wouldn't be too hard to reproduce,
> methinks.

I've never done what you're doing.  But I'm wondering if you would
have greater success with a newer version of a bootable Solaris CD.
Download Solaris 10, 9, or 8 from sun.com.

Here is a link for Solaris 10 -- registration required :-(.  Download
disc 1 and see if that helps.

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp

-Bryan