Home Automation

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Wed Feb 21 09:32:54 MST 2007

On 2/21/07, Barry Roberts <blr at robertsr.us> wrote:
> All my experience with Windows Media Center is 2nd and 3rd hand, but the
> reason I went with Myth was because I was told at the time that it was
> difficult or impossible to do things like make DVD's or VCD's from HDTV
> broadcasts.  Is that still the case, or was I misinformed?

Vista Media Center now supports HDTV (previous XP versions didn't) -
I've never tried to make a DVD or VCD off of HDTV though.  I imagine
you could probably at least convert the video to another format and
burn it if not.  My biggest frustration however is that there is no
way to get the HDTV from your cable or satellite box to your PC in
HDTV form.  It all has to be over-the-air for that to happen.  I think
this is more of a limitation of the Cable and Satellite companies
though, that I imagine will be fixed in the near or distant future (if
IPTV doesn't beat them to it).

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl