Home Automation

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Wed Feb 21 09:04:17 MST 2007

All my experience with Windows Media Center is 2nd and 3rd hand, but the
reason I went with Myth was because I was told at the time that it was
difficult or impossible to do things like make DVD's or VCD's from HDTV
broadcasts.  Is that still the case, or was I misinformed?

I'm using a JVC SRDVD-100U as the front-end for my myth box.  And it's
an awesome HD networked media player.  Myth's uPNP server needs a little
work (ff is flaky), but it's brand new and my wife and kids love it
anyway.

FWIW,
Barry Roberts