Home Automation

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Wed Feb 21 07:51:48 MST 2007

On 2/21/07, Doran Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> One GLARING problem with the XBox 360 was its painful lack of support
> for common media formats. Again, I don't know if there are ways to get
> around this or even if it is true, but my neighbor said the XBox would
> only play WMV media (which wouldn't surprise me, considering who made
> the dang thing). No DiVX/xvid AVIs. No Quicktime files. No MPEGs. Only
> WMV. The word "sucks" went through my mind a few times.

Microsoft built Media Center to allow plugins - there are many that
have been written, including those that skip commericals, download the
weather, connect in with chat services, etc.  There are a couple
plugins out there that will allow you to display other codecs.  I
watch DivX movies on mine.

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl