Home Automation

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 09:37:43 MST 2007

On 2/20/07, Scott Paul Robertson <spr at mahonri5.net> wrote:

> DVI/HDMI was designed for computer monitors. It is digital. The cables
> are designed to handle interference. You can get long distance cables
> that won't degrade the signal (though they might be expensive). Heck, I
> have a 20-ft VGA extension cable that doesn't degrade the signal, and
> DVI >> VGA.

I have read in several places recently that there is no difference
between expensive HDMI cabels and the cheaper kinds.  Most things I
have read state that since the signal is digital and won't degrade,
either the cable works or it is broken.  It won't matter if you by
$100 Monster cables or $20 cables from monoprice.

Dan

--
I swear Power Point is going to be the downfall of higher education in
western society.