C/C++ unit test coverage

Bryan Petty etierra at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 12:48:48 MST 2007

On 2/19/07, Michael Brailsford <brailsmt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a tool like clover for C++ unit tests?  I have been using CxxTest for unit tests for my C/C++ code, but I would like to get coverage analysis.  I should mention that we are *not* using gcc/g++ as our compiler, rather xlc/xlC (AIX) and whatever the standard VMS compiler is.  I prefer an open source tool, if it exists.  Any help would be appreciated, even if the coverage analysis tool only works with CppUnit/CppUnitLite, etc...

If you're referring to the IBM XL C/C++ compiler on AIX, then AFAIK,
boost::test should provide a fairly full-featured unit testing library
that works. IBM has an article on modifications needed to 1.32 to get
it working:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2030&context=SSJT9L&uid=swg27006786

Regards,
Bryan Petty