UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:04:04 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> I like money because I like eating and owning a quality computer. Past
> that, it's not so important to me. Some people's needs expand to fit
> their income only to discover that money can't buy happiness. Others
> pick jobs that either (a) pay them to do what they love or (b) leave
> enough free time to enjoy life. If we all cared deeply about money, we'd
> be studying, networking, playing office politics, and job surfing
> instead of posting to Plug.

Posting to PLUG rules.  Good point.

But though I know that money doesn't buy happiness, money does open
possibilities -- good and bad.  If you desire to do good things, money
can be a practical way to enhance your ability to do good things.  I
think it's wise to assume that the want of more money is a greedy,
selfish, even wicked ambition.  However, this completely depends on
your motivations for obtaining more money and what you would do with
the money if you acquired it.  In some cases you may just be wanting
to afford a more comfortable life for your family -- nothing wrong
with that.  In other cases, you may have unselfish goals beyond that.

> Forget about being rich. As long it pays a living wage, do what you
> love. Don't love your job? It's an employee's market right now, do
> something you love.

I whole heartily agree with your last sentence.  If you like where
you're at, then good for you.  If not, you have no one to blame but
yourself.

-Bryan