UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:51:40 MST 2007

> I don't think anyone here wants to work for peanuts to prove a point
> to someone else.  If someone chooses a low-paying job over a
> high-paying job, it's probably because they are comfortable with the
> low pay and really enjoy the work.  Not everyone's priorities are

These people usually work for the government.  They often receive low
pay and complain about it.  Instead of having the gumption to find a
better paying job in the private sector, they usually just form a
union and try to increase budget through further taxation.

> going to line up, but I think a lot of people would choose a fun,
> fulfilling job that pays less than another significantly less fun and
> fulfilling job.

I agree with you Levi...  And I agree with Ryan.  I think there is
balance between pay and doing what you want to do.

But...  If I could do exactly what I want to do, I would just sit home
and do nothing.  If only I could get paid to do so...  Wait!  I know!
I'll use *your* money to live on!  Welfare rocks!  :-P

I think pay and loving what you do are unrelated in the tech industry.
 You can make a ton of money doing what you love.  Ryan is right.
Bushing up on one's interview and negotiation skills is (in my
experience) more valuable than years of study.

-Bryan