UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Mark Higbee mark at impactprocessing.com
Fri Feb 16 13:39:58 MST 2007

I know I was a little overboard on the my comment about those who can do
and those who can't teach.
I am still just a little bitter over  some of my college experiences.  I
agree that not all professors are lame maybe just a few professors that
I had are.

It seemed like the professors I had would always start the class saying
things like I have a PHD in math but I have never had a programming job
and you will have to work with me this semester.  It always bothered me
that I would pay good money for someone to teach the class who really
wasn't qualified to teach the class.  When people would ask questions
the professor would say things like I don't know maybe you can go try
that in the computer lab.

Also I agree the best thing you can learn is how to learn on your own.
One thing is for sure in the CS world if you stop learning you will not
be very successful.