UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:09:15 MST 2007

On 2/16/07, Hans Fugal <hans at fugal.net> wrote:
> For the same reason that we have physicists, biologists, chemists, etc. (theoretical) and engineers
> (practical).

Except that in physics, you can theorize something that you can't put
into practice.  With computers, if you can theorize about something,
you can also sit down and write a program that implements the theory
almost as easily as you can theorize about it.  Insert quote from Fred
Brooks about programmers working very closely with pure ideas.