UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Fri Feb 16 11:30:44 MST 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 14:12, jordy wrote:
> Michael Brailsford wrote:
> > I think the difference is that BYU's alumni placement program sucks.  At
> > least it did for me, but then I again, I was mostly worried about the
> > bank I would make.
>
> I assure you (as a graduate) that UVSC's placement program also sucks.  :)

7 years ago, Weber State's alumni placement program was a joke as well.  As
well as their placement program for current students.  In fact it was worse
that the alumni one.  The only REALLY GOOD placement program I've ever seen
is the one at the University of Utah about 6 years ago.

This isn't to say someone should TOTALLY depend on a placement program to get
them a job.  That's silly.  But when the placement program says.... go this
room here, there are lots and lots interships you can look up and apply
for... and then you go and 90% of the internships expired 2 - 3 years ago, I
had to wonder where my 25 bucks I spent to sign up was going.