UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Feb 16 10:54:05 MST 2007

Tom Hanks <tjhanks at forgeglobal.com> writes:
> Well, I'm glad to learn that BYU is changing to meet the market
> demand.  Ten years from now, BYU could be number 1.

While it would be great for BYU to do a better job getting its
graduates placed where they want to be, I'm very sad to see
universities caving in to the demands of industry.  That's not what a
university is supposed to be about.  Oh well... time marches on, and
ideals are pushed aside by the great Invisible Hand in the sky.

           --Levi