I want to learn a new language...

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Fri Feb 16 09:21:49 MST 2007

> I disagree with you there.
> I've been keeping my eye on the various job openings (although not
> nessecarily local), and it seems the going rate for a Java programmer
> is about $80k (with several years exeperience), the going rate for a
> PHP programmer is roughly $55k.
> However there seems to be a strong demand for Java programmers who
> "know PHP" and PHP programmers who know Java.  I see those jobs going
> in the $125k range.

I agree - we're (my division at UnitedHealth Group is) hiring Perl and
C programmers that also know PHP (if you know either of those, PHP is
certainly not going to be hard to learn).  For the level of experience
we're hiring at, I'm pretty sure we'll pay quite a bit more than $55k
if your experience can show what you're asking for.  It all depends on
experience and how you can prove your experience is worth what you're
asking.

Oh, did I mention we're hiring (it's in Salt Lake)?

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl
#y,d,s,(\$.),$1,gee,print