UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Feb 15 18:16:36 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 17:49 -0700, Ryan Byrd wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I have interviewed students from all four colleges
> > listed and each time I interview a BYU student or graduate, the
> > interviewee's primary concern tends to be "How much money are you going
> > to pay me."  I find students / graduates from the other colleges to be
> > much more of  the "I'm hungry and willing to work" demeanor.
>
> Well now that's just silly. What kind of automatons just want to work for
> the thrill? That's something sort of stupid. You work for money.

I like money because I like eating and owning a quality computer. Past
that, it's not so important to me. Some people's needs expand to fit
their income only to discover that money can't buy happiness. Others
pick jobs that either (a) pay them to do what they love or (b) leave
enough free time to enjoy life. If we all cared deeply about money, we'd
be studying, networking, playing office politics, and job surfing
instead of posting to Plug.

Forget about being rich. As long it pays a living wage, do what you
love. Don't love your job? It's an employee's market right now, do
something you love.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill