I want to learn a new language...

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 15:07:38 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Michael L Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 14:53 -0700, Mike Heath wrote:
> > PHP is "good" for web development the same way that VB is "good" for
> > GUI development.  They're the fast food of software development.
>
> That's a bunch of BS, frankly.

PHP has a very low barrier to entry.  So does the fast food industry.
I find the comparison apt, especially when you consider that
McDonald's is a billion dollar, multinational corporation.  It'd be
even better if there were fast food places that served gourmet food,
proving that just because it's fast food doesn't mean it can't be high
quality.