looking for laptop

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:40:12 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Justin Findlay <justin at jfindlay.us> wrote:
> I don't like using proprietary software.  I'm sure this is what levi
> refers to as my "licensing prejudices".  Maybe its because I've
> suffered heavily at the hands of Microsoft products.  I don't doubt that
> OSX is a decent system.  I can't offer any real opinion since I haven't
> used it much.

Having also suffered at the hands of Microsoft's "helpless-ware" I
don't blame you.  I had similar reservations about OSX until I used it
and discovered that in actual use it is virtually identical to the
Linux setup I'd been using for the last couple of years.  Fink and
Darwin ports, combined with the fact that OSX has 99% of the *nix
tools/features you'd expect to find in a Linux distro, make it a lot
more usable and "nice" than it's proprietary status would indicate.

But, whatever floats your boat.

--
Alex Esplin