I want to learn a new language...

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Feb 15 14:36:33 MST 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 at 16:42 -0700, Levi Pearson wrote:
> implementation.  I also don't like the fact that blocks are relegated
> to the final argument position, and have some odd quirks compared to
> their Smalltalk counterparts.  I think Ruby has the potential to be

This is because blocks are almost never passed as parameters but as a
block following the method call. Incidentally, you can wrap up a block
with lambda/proc or even pass a method, as any parameter you want, and
then yield it (or call it) explicitly. They're not really relegated to
only the last position.

If you vote for Ruby, all your wildest dreams will come true.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach