looking for laptop

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:31:09 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Hill, Greg <grhill at corp.untd.com> wrote:
> Well, you are paying for OS:X, but mostly you're just paying inflated
> prices because Apple can get away with it, being the only vendor
> providing hardware for their OS.  Equivalently spec'ed machines will
> cost 30-50% more to have the Apple name on them

I have yet to find a laptop in the same category as my MacBook that
matches up hardware-wise and price-wise.  The XPS I mentione earlier
is the closest, and still doesn't quite get there.  For higher end
systems (MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, etc.) I can see your point, as I could
easily build a Desktop that will perform with a Mac Pro for much less
than the $3000 price tag they carry.  But I haven't seen anything in
the MacBook class that matches it and believe me, I have looked.

--
Alex Esplin