I want to learn a new language...

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Thu Feb 15 12:44:16 MST 2007

"Jacob Fugal" <lukfugl at gmail.com> writes:

> For a clarification, Ruby does have first-class code blocks. They can
> be created various ways. These "procs", as they're known in Ruby, can
> be assigned to variables, passed as arguments (any position), etc.

Thanks for clarifying that.  I'd seen most of that before, but I
didn't recall the details.  However, your clarification did illustrate
one of the problems I have with Ruby, in that it's got those kinds of
quirks that currently make it difficult to fully understand it, and
difficult to make another Ruby implementation.  I imagine a lot of the
quirks will go away with time as Ruby matures, though.

            --Levi