UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Mark Higbee mark at impactprocessing.com
Thu Feb 15 12:25:21 MST 2007

Most likely because it is next it impossible to have a full time job and
go to BYU.   Plus BYU doesn't teach a lot of practical stuff in my
opinion.  For example my younger brother graduated from BYU in computer
engineering he took a class where he had to  program his own database
yet he has no clue about real world relational databases
(oracle,postgesql,mysql) and he doesn't know SQL?

Most people that go to UVSC have jobs and are getting real world
experience and add degree on top of a few years of working experience
and end up with higher paying jobs at least that is my theory.