UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 12:28:51 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Jeremy Hansen <atticusser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quote: "UVSC graduates overwhelmingly lead the way in terms of employment
> with 83.9% of its graduates in the workforce and 78.4% employed full-time.
> The next highest was USU with 74.7% percent in the labor force. USU and UVSC
> bachelor's graduates were employed at a significantly higher rate than the
> other schools, while BYU bachelor's graduates were employed full-time at the
> lowest rate [57%]".

Interesting post.  I wonder why this is the case with these smaller
schools (UVSC, USU).  My theory would be that people who are eager to
get into the workforce and make some money more quickly gravitate
towards smaller/less expensive schools with the intent to get through
quickly and cheaply.  Do these people represent the more practical and
ambitious of our populous?

I'm not smearing the value of a deep, thorough education, but I do
think there are those who love to learn and those who love to apply
what they have learned.  Some schools may be more agreeable to the
later group of "go getters".

-Bryan