UVSC BYU U of U etc was"Software Engineering (was Re: Java)

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:39:23 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Dave Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> wrote:
> Grant Shipley wrote:
> > According to the 2005 Utah Foundation Report, UVSC bachelor degree
> > graduates earn more money than graduates from any other Utah college
> > or university.
>
> Frankly I find that hard to believe. I don't know much about UVSC's CS
> curriculum, nor do I know many people who went to UVSC (though the few
> that I do know are excellent people -- I'm looking at you Gundies). What
> I do know is that none of the companies I have worked for have ever
> hired anyone from UVSC. They've never even recruited there. Maybe that's
> a mistake on their part. I don't know. Anyone care to comment? Maybe I
> should be encouraging our recruiting efforts toward UVSC.

I don't find it that hard to believe.  Of the people who I graduated
from UVSC with we are all making greater than 80k a year and 30% of us
are making > 100k a year.

It could be the fact that most students who attend the CS program at
UVSC begin working full time while attending school and therefore are
not hired for entry level positions when they graduate?

--
grant