DST

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Feb 15 07:55:09 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 11:31:12PM -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:

> So I just caught wind that DST starts earlier and ends later starting
> this year. I wish they'd just get rid of it altogether, but no it's much
> more fun to mess everything up.

Only a bunch of politicians could have come up with such an asinine
concept. Happy Nighttime Wasting Time.

> I imagine something will need ot be patched/upgraded in order to deal
> with this. What is it? The kernel? libc? Some timezone-handling
> package?

There is a package in most disties called timezoneinfo, tzdata (on
Fedora) or some such. If that package is reasonably up to date, you
should be good to go. The US government is not the only one that mucks
with time zones world wide, so updates are fairly common, several
times a year.