[OT] Worst Language Ever!

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Feb 14 17:34:38 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 16:46 -0700, Brian Hawkins wrote:
> I have to second the motion for VB.  I had to do some stuff in VB 6 and
> I swear in order to program in it you had to dumb yourself down.  I
> would do things that logically made sense in other languages but would
> not work in VB.  It's like the language encourages bad program design
> and style.

I would love to see an example of what you are talking about.  I have
never programmed in VB myself, but I have done a lot of programming in
the more modern dialects of BASIC and have never found anything such as
you describe.  VB6's main weaknesses appeared to be from the fact that
it implemented a syntax for dealing with forms and stuff that appeared
to be object-oriented, but was not.

What (mis)features encouraged bad design?  Was it simply the presence of
the old goto command or something more?

Michael