[OT] Worst Language Ever!

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Feb 14 17:28:33 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 16:29 -0700, Steve wrote:
> QBasic, in 1990 something or other, I spent a year writing a game,
> only to find out that it had a 64k memory limitation, then I had to
> umm borrow a copy of QuickBasic just to get it to run.

QBasic was limited, yes. But the language was fine.  It was a great
blend of pascal and basic.  It allowed complete structured programming
while still being compatible with the old spaghetti stuff from days of
yor.  I loved QuickBasic (back in the DOS days).  I then went to
PowerBASIC's compiler and never went back.  Those were the days.  I
sometimes still pine for the days when I could use TB or PB (formerly
borland's compiler) to write those quick throw-away programs that I know
use python or perl for.

> RPG, I bought 4 books on this language in yonder years before I
> finally realized that despite the name, it is difficult if not
> impossible to write an RPG in it (Hey I was 12 at the time and there
> was no internet to help me research the subject)

Why would the QB language be anymore inherently difficult to write an
RPG in than C?  (Other than the 64k limit which is not a language limit
per se).

Just wondering

Michael