I want to learn a new language...

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:17:33 MST 2007

On 2/14/07, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at carnageblender.com> wrote:
> Personally, I had the impression that Daniel was more of a Lisp guy, and
> just liked Python best of your 3 finalists.

You are correct.  When I first read that someone was looking for a new
language to learn, my first thought was "Lisp!".  I was all prepared
to enumerate the reasons for learning it.  Then I discovered that
(tongue going into cheek, for those who may miss it...) the person
asking was a Java enthusiast, and realized that he probably isn't
intelligent enough to grasp Lisp.

So I recommended Python as a suitably dumbed-down substitute.