I want to learn a new language...

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:57:48 MST 2007

On 2/14/07, Bart Whiteley <bart.plug at whiteley.org> wrote:
> Merits of the language and run time environment aside, which community do
> you want to hang with?  My experience is that python-heads are an agreeable

I'd like the enumerations of the merits of the language/runtime
please.  Community is important, but I'm not doing this for social
reasons.  I could care less if every Perl coder in the world was a
hose head, as long as it's a better language/runtime that Python.

> bunch of hard-core coders.  Ruby-heads remind me of Java-heads -- not good.

Hard-core coders seems like a term open to interpretation.  I want facts.
I am a Java-head.  If the Ruby community thinks more like Java, that
would be a benefit in my mind.

> Perl-heads are, well, perl-heads; you've probably met some.

Aside from Jayce, I like most Perl developers.  They're practical and gritty.

But note taken.  Thanks.

-Bryan