ROFL (was Re: Java)

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Feb 13 16:44:17 MST 2007

On 2/13/07, Michael Brailsford <brailsmt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This thread is just too much.  Stuart includes digs against Ruby and Haskell too.  I find it funny that the only people responding, with vigor even, are the Java fan boys.

I hope you don't include me amongst the Java fanboys.  I think it's a
decent language and I think the JVM is pretty cool for what it is, but
I am not a fanboy.  Actually, I think only one participant in this
thread really qualifies for that moniker.

> /me mumbles something about insecurity and wanting everyone to agree with your viewpoint

I'm just a programming languages and computing history nut, so I like
to talk about languages and their histories and how they evolved from
one another whenever it seems appropriate.  A little perspective never
hurt anyone. :)

                --Levi