Daniel C. dcrookston at
Tue Feb 13 13:45:31 MST 2007

On 2/13/07, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at> wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Daniel C. <dcrookston at> wrote:
> > You're right.  I don't know of a single Java IDE that has an REPL built into it.
> Other than all of them.  Both the "Display" and "Expressions" view in
> Eclipse do what you want.  You must be running in debug mode for it to
> work (because a JVM must be running to do the live evals).

Someone (Levi, I'm looking at you) correct me if I'm wrong, but I was
under the impression that it's not possible to have a true REPL
without also having Lisp.  And since Java isn't Lisp...

The list you provided before is impressive though, and not just
because of it's length.  The one that's most impressive to me ('cause
I don't know what some of the others mean) is that you can always see
code formatted the right way for you.

Keep talking, you might convince me to try Java.