Java

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Feb 13 11:43:50 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 11:37 -0700, Bryan Sant wrote:
> Woooooo.  The IDE features that exist today in Eclipse and IntelliJ
> are far more advanced than the IDE's of yesteryear.  If you're
> thinking, "Hey, I've used Microsoft Visual Studio.  I know what IDE's
> have to offer."  You are dead wrong.  Likewise if you've used Borland
> Turbo C++ or the like.  There is no comparison between prior IDEs and
> the modern Java IDEs.

Bryan, do you really think Levi is talking about MS VS and ilk? You've
obviously not been paying attention. Levi is talking about Smalltalk and
Lisp.

The problem with Java programmers is that the majority are so short
sighted. I mean geez, how long did it take to get a simple stupid
foreach loop added? And then there's the need to use anonymous classes
to shoe horn first class function in Java. For shame.

But at least Java doesn't treat me like a complete moron anymore. It's
just a shame that it took Microsoft trusting us with C# to shake Java
from its tar pit of complacency.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill