Java

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Feb 13 11:22:16 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 10:43 -0700, Levi Pearson wrote:
> One could make a convincing argument that Unix was an advanced
> development environment for C programs.  It just had a different
> architectural philosophy.  There's no shame in using powerful tools.

Sure there is. I'm proud to be able to say, unlike most modern sissies,
this morning I:
  * used a hand pump to draw water for my bath
  * built a fire to heat my bath water
  * put on clothes my wife made herself
  * (from the wool of sheep I raised in our backyard)
  * combed my hair with a rock

True, it took a 2GHz processor and 1920x1200 screen before I stopped
hating IDEs. Back when most IDEs were more like Model-Ts that Camrys, it
made sense to hate Java IDEs. It doesn't anymore.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill