Laptop resume time from sleep

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Feb 13 09:08:48 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 21:58 -0700, Dave Smith wrote:
> Alex Esplin wrote:
> > Linux has come a long way since suspend or sleep didn't work anywhere.
>
> Frankly I'm amazed that Linux suspend/resume still doesn't work every
> time. I can't use Linux on my laptop for three reasons: 1.,
> suspend/resume works less than 50% of the time. 2., kernel panic if I
> utter the words "docking station" out loud, and 3., poor support for
> dual external monitors.

I won't say all my experiences with suspend are rosy, but it works more
often than not. Just this morning I suspended my laptop twice. I put it
on my docking station while it was on and everything worked. Well,
except the scroll wheel of my external mouse. So that's why I suspended
the second time. When I resumed on the dock, it Just Worked(tm). I can
even use hibernate sometimes, the problem there being that like a fool I
made my swap partition too small. "I've got a gig of RAM, what do I need
swap for?"

Corey